Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Easiest Crockpot Recipe: Salsa Chicken

The Easiest Crockpot Recipe: Salsa Chicken
Every Saturday morning, I have the same routine – get in a workout, go to the grocery store, and clean up the house a bit. Usually, these tasks lead right up until lunch time, so I look to my crockpot to save the day and make a delicious lunch.
salsa chiceknThis past week, I made one of the simplest, most satisfying crockpot recipes that I just had to share it. It only requires three ingredients. Easy and hands-free! And best of all, for those on Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix, this is completely Fix approved.
Ingredients:
  • 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 small jar of salsa (choose between mild or spicy)
  • 1 can of Ro*Tel (or any brand of canned tomatoes and diced green chilies)
Directions:
Throw all of the ingredients into a crockpot, and let cook for 4 hours. Once it’s finished, grab two forks and shred up your chicken!
Serving Suggestion:
The Chipotle lover in me instantly turned this chicken into an ultimate salad bowl. I chopped up romaine, cherry tomatoes and scallions, and placed the hot salsa chicken right on there. Then, I topped it with shredded cheese and a dallop of Greek yogurt (you can also do fat free sour cream, if you’d like).
21 Day Fix Tally:
The 21 Day Fix count for this was 2 greens, 1 red, 1 blue and ½ purple container. Note: Any type of jarred salsa or tomato sauce counts as purple (a fruit) on the 21 Day Fix due to the sugars.


*** I have been following her blog http://rookierunninglife.com/ such great information

No comments: